Tuesday 13 March 2012

Amateur Attempt At Book Cover

Pictures speak louder than words. Really? Not very good to hear for a writer. But what if an image could summarize a full novel, be a reflection of the premise.

In case you didn't know, I did a lot of work till I was in my early teens. That was before writing took over and my high school art career was destroyed by petty school politics.  But that's another story for another day (and another novel). I got down with my pastels earlier today but was already preoccupied with my book. The result? A very amateur-looking book cover. Well, it wasn't a book cover when I started out. It became one when I edited it on Microsoft Paint.

Here it is:
The image gives you one clue though- there's going to be a lot of deserts.

The girl in the image is Aria Suri, my protagonist. I wanted her hair flying and to have some motion in her posture, because she is always on the go, constantly searching for her brother. Note the footprints on the sand and how they disappear before reaching Aria- her brother leaves a trail behind, but it leads Aria nowhere.

For those  interested in my progress with the book, I'm just about to write the climax. Lots of revelations, lots of drama and lots of fun for me. I have been waiting to write this for such a long time and now, the time has finally come. Wish me luck. If I ever have readers, this part will decided id 'Unexplained Disappearances' becomes one of their favourite books or not.

1 comment:

  1. You are very talented. i do like that picture and can see your heroine so clearly. Well done. And good luck with your book and your blog. Don't let self-doubts get you down.
    Gwynneth

    ReplyDelete