Sunday 22 July 2012

I Finished My Book!

Just in time before college, I finished my book. It happened last night literally at the stroke of midnight. I typed the last word and finished the first draft of 'Unexplained Disappearances'.

Nobody's first draft is perfect, including mine, and I now have to start working on the polishing part. My novel's word count stands at 97000 words and I'm really wondering if I can do some shortening. What I need now is a few more critiques from experienced writers.

Tomorrow, I'm leaving for college and won't have access to my computer for a while. That means that writing is off for a few days. I'm so glad I finished my manuscript before leaving.

I'll keep you posted on more, because this journey is far from over. Congratulate me on reaching the first milestone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on reaching the first milestone! Getting the book finished is definitely something to be proud of. Now you can work on editing and polishing. Hope school is going well.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete